Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials posted on this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
TL;DR: Obey rules and laws or GTFO, and don't steal stuff.
2. Community rules
Use of the site is contigent on adhering to the following rules:
- Members will not repost others' content as their own. Content posted on Feathermap by registered members remains the property of its creator. If you are not the creator of any art, text, music, or video content you post, such content should be sourced as well as possible. Fair Use laws apply.
- Members will not register accounts for nor impersonate characters they do not own. If there is ever a dispute over a registered character, it will be resolved via ingame mail. Anyone registering with a character not on their account without the true player's permission will be subject to administrative action, up to and including account termination.
- Members will treat one another in a respectful manner in out-of-character interactions. Any member found to be using Feathermap for stalking or harrassing another member can be terminated and permanently banned from the site. Under no circumstances should any member publicly post any private, real-life information of any other member. Forum trolling is prohibited; what constitutes trolling is left to the discretion of the administration.
- Members will not exploit, "hack," or otherwise manipulate the site's software in any manner that causes damage to Feathermap's servers nor user's computers, exposes private information, or grants unauthorized access. No malicious software, including but not limited to viruses, worms, spyware, or trojans, will be uploaded to Feathermap's servers at any time.
- Members are expected to maintain characters on the World of Warcraft Feathermoon or Scarlet Crusade realm. Players who remove their Feathermap-registered characters from the Feathermoon/Scarlet Crusade realm by deletion or realm transfer may have their Feathermap membership terminated at the discretion of the administrators.
- Members are expected to abide by the Blizzard Entertainment Battle.net Terms of Service and the World of Warcraft Terms of Service and End User License Agreement when using Blizzaard Entertainment software. Any material posted on Feathermap demonstrating members violating these terms may be subject to reporting to Blizzard Entertainment.
TL;DR: No, you actually have to read this part.
The materials on Feathermap's web site are provided "as is". Feathermap makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Feathermap does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Feathermap is not in any way officially affiliated with Blizzard Entertainment, Activision, nor any of their subsidiaries.
TL;DR: We're not responsible for the content on here, and we're -really- not responsible for the content of other sites. Also, we're not Blizz.
In no event shall Feathermap or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Feathermap's Internet site, even if Feathermap or a Feathermap authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
TL;DR: If the site's down sometimes, qq moar.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Feathermap's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Feathermap does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Feathermap may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Feathermap does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
TL;DR: If things are wrong, deal with it.
Feathermap has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Feathermap of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
TL;DR: Again, outside websites, not our problem.
TL;DR: We might change these rules.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Feathermap's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
TL;DR: In theory, we could take you to court in Illinois, but realistically it means very little.