Feathermap helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Expac #8 - The RP Expac

From what Silver has been telling me as she watches Blizzcon streams, it seems that the eighth Warcraft expac may just be simply fucking amazing for RP - both for individuals, and for the community as a whole. From what I'm being told, I'm getting really interested in coming back for proper RP again.

Site daemons, you wanna make a new expac spoiler forum?
And it's into the shame,
And it's into a guilt,
And it's into the fucking fray;
And the walls ran red around me, a warm arterial spray.
For example - take a look at "Communities"...

We’re making some improvements to the experience of grouping with others in WoW, as well as expanding our support for larger social structures. While guilds remain the glue of the World of Warcraft community, we also want to offer additional options for communication and organization that better reflect the changing nature of how people engage with the game and each other.

We’re also introducing a new type of social group: Communities. Like guilds, Communities have a member roster and offer access to a chat channel, a shared event calendar, and access to Quick Join functionality. Unlike guilds, Communities won’t have a shared bank, tabard, or achievement system—however, they are open to cross-realm membership, and a player can be in multiple Communities at once.

Communities will also benefit from voice chat integration, and allow for separate channels of discussion within them. We want to make it easier than ever before to keep in touch with and coordinate activities in WoW, so both guilds and communities will receive improvements such as voice integration, auto-maintained calendar invitations, and persistent chat history.

This essentially reads, to me, as a form of game-supported RP group functionality. While I don't think it will replace the basic opt-in chat channels we have today, this does seem to represent a new, third option, after chat channels and guilds. The first thing that came to my mind when reading this was such groups like Guildwatch seem perfect for a "community". Also the unofficial groups and teams that form up intra- or inter- guild; a Bad Idea Trio community, anyone?
And it's into the shame,
And it's into a guilt,
My understanding is that because communities are between players, not characters (as far as the system is concerned) we could potentially make one as a cross-faction meeting place.

Site daemons, you wanna make a new expac spoiler forum?

As is tradition, the "Legion of their Own" forum has now been renamed. Users may use the "War Crimes" forum to discuss the races of Azeroth destroying themselves, proving once and for all that I really should have reoriginated the place when I had the chance.
See your world through my eyes.
... proving once and for all that I really should have reoriginated the place when I had the chance.

ha ha ha ha sucked in
Last update on November 5, 2017, 11:23 pm by Illithias Ashbough.
And it's into the shame,
And it's into a guilt,
Apparently, I must agree with Algalon.

My heart sank on viewing the trailer.